American Councils for International Education is pleased to announce the 2016-2017 FLEX Alumni Program Grants. The FLEX Alumni Grants program assists with FLEX alumni project initiatives through funding by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA).
Possible projects include:
- Community service projects;
- Projects to promote community involvement;
- Professional development activities for community members and alumni;
- Projects to promote the knowledge and understanding of English language and of U.S. culture;
- Initiatives where alumni share skills that they learned while on the FLEX program with others.
Individual grants (up to $250):
Individual grants support alumni initiatives when one alumnus or alumna would like to hold a project on his or her own without the support of other members of the FLEX alumni community. These may be single events or small-scale projects.
Group grants (up to $3000):
Group grants require that the applicant and at least one other team member is a FLEX alumnus/a. Other project organizers need not to be alumni of the FLEX program. Group grants support professional development or teaching programs; community service activities; promotion of English language and American culture; and other projects that meet the goals of the FLEX Alumni program. Preference will be given to active FLEX alumni, City Representatives, and participants of FLEX-Ability Regional Workshops. Proposals which expand on previously funded projects will be considered, but the projects must incorporate new partners, recipients, and/or demonstrate new project elements.
Travel grants (up to $250):
Travel grants support alumni’s travel costs or attendance to a conference, workshop, or professional development training. Travel grant applicants who demonstrate in their proposals a readiness to share their experience with others in their community upon the completion of their professional development activity will be given preference.
Eligibility: in order to participate in this program, alumni must
- Be successful participants of the FLEX program;
- Be in compliance with the two-year home residency requirement following the program;
- Update their information in the alumni database, which may be done at any American Councils office or electronically by following this link: https://goo.gl/CLDmkU
Grant Application procedures:
- Access the application through ais.americancouncils.org/flexalumni and complete the registration;
- Start the grant application by including information about the proposed project, the complete project proposal, project timeline, budget, and uploads of resumes of project leaders, support letters from partner organizations, and supplementary materials;
- Submit the complete grant application package; and
- Track the status of the submitted grant application
The application deadline is Tuesday March 1, 2016 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
For more information contact the FLEX Alumni Coordinator in your country/ region or email email@example.com. Proposals may be funded in part. American Councils may request that applicants modify their budgets in order to accommodate partial funding. Grants will not be given to reimburse costs already expended and are not guaranteed to all applicants.
To learn more about the projects awarded in 2015 follow this link: http://bradleyherald.org/alumni/project-activities/flex-grants/