Workshop Dates July 20-23, 2017
Location: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
Theme: Smart Storytelling
Deadline: June 20, 2017. 11:59 PM EST.
Kindly apply here.
Central Asia FLEX-Ability Workshop 2017 is training for FLEX alumni from Kazakhstan Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan with the theme of Smart Story Telling with a focus on 21st century digital tools. The program includes multiple workshops that focuses on modern tools and technology, including 360 degree videos, virtual reality, and augmented reality. The workshop will also provide alumni with skills to plan and successfully manage a project from start to finish, using traditional methods of storytelling and social media tools.
ELIGIBILITY AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
– Be an alumna/us of a U.S. Government-sponsored exchange program, such as FLEX or YES, or a current Peace Corps Volunteer
– Be from, or currently reside in, one of the participating countries: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Kazakhstan.
– Have demonstrable training, expertise, and experience in one of the workshop theme areas.
– Have past teaching or training experience and the ability to develop a training curriculum in the designated theme area
– Have exceptional English language skills
– Be available to attend and actively participate in both the workshop and pre-workshop training in Bishkek for the entire period July 18- July 23, 2017
– Be available to attend a webinar to meet virtually with American Councils during the month of June, and leading up to the event in July.
Mentors are expected to:
– Support no more than two workshops relevant to their field of experience and/or expertise
– Work closely with assigned team(s) of participants
– Be available to work with FLEX Alumni Program workshop organizers from July 18 for a one-day Training of Mentors and to be present at the workshop from July 19 (travel day) and on July 20-23 for the entirety of the workshop. .
– Be able to inspire alumni participant as a mentor, senior alum and an instructor.
– Assist the social media team in identifying unique and interesting content at the workshop and from the groups they work in.
Accommodation, meals, and travel costs are covered by the workshop. Additionally, every selected mentor will receive a symbolic engagement fee $300 for their role at the workshop. Please fill in the form below as accurately and with as much detail as possible.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
Mentors will be selected by a panel of evaluators based on application materials, interviews, and professional background and experience. Interested candidates must complete and submit the online application, including all supporting documents requested, by June 20, 2017, 11:59 PM EST. Candidates who are selected for interviews will be notified by June 23, and interviews will be conducted in the period June 23-30. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be notified. Online application can be found here.
For questions, please contact Bilal Zubair Khan at BKhan@americancouncils.org